Saturday, February 22, 2014

Bonjour from Paris!

I've put this little blog together to document all our endeavors in Paris. My best friend Amanda and I plan on taking an alarming amount of photos together, and I don't want to overwhelm un-wanting Facebook and Instagram followers. If you are here, then WELCOME! I hope you enjoy the pictures as much as I have loved experiencing them.

A little bit about our trip, for those of you who are unaware... Amanda and I have both attended Utah Valley University's Culinary Program for the last 2 years. For the last semester of our program you are required to complete an internship, so that is the reason why we are currently in France. Amanda traveled to Paris last year and put out hundreds of applications to bakeries all over the place. She hadn't heard back from any of them, so we planned to do in internship trough our university in Italy. Two days before we signed our lives and credit cards away, Amanda received an email from the Sugar Plum Cake Shop here in Paris. She asked if I could tag along with her, and with a lot (I really mean a LOT) of help from our families, friends and divine intervention we are HERE! We will start working at the bakery this Tuesday, and we'll be here for 8 weeks. We are both starving to learn all we can about Parisian way of life, food, fashion, art and everything else the city has to offer!

PS, take a look at how adorable Sugar Plum is! http://www.sugarplumcakeshop.com/en/

No comments:

Post a Comment